Top 5 Strengths: Woo, Relator, Activator, Positivity, Communication
The Martin family
I am the Director of District Leadership at the Buck Institute for Education. Prior to moving to BIE, I was the Director of Professional Learning at USD’s Mobile Technology Learning Center. Through partnerships with local and national school districts, we support educators to create learning experiences to unleash the genius that exists in all learners to thrive in a changing world.
I spent 10 years in Hawai’i on the Leeward Coast of O’ahu and taught middle school English language arts and was an instructional coach. At the district office, I led the new teacher mentor programs to support and retain effective teachers. I continue to research and learn about approaches to create optimal learning environments for all.
CONTACT ME: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
*Extensive experience teaching, mentoring, and researching with an in-depth knowledge of teacher professional development in schools with diverse populations
*Accomplished educator who is a confident public speaker, able to establish rapport with audiences and key officials to convey information with clarity and enthusiasm.
* Expertise in educational technology, program development, participatory research, new teacher induction, school reform, and facilitating collaborative learning
- Doctor of Philosophy, Curriculum and Instruction, December, 2011, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, Honolulu, Hawai‘i
- Dissertation: New teacher induction: A case study of teachers’ perceptions of support in the first year
- Master of Education- Curriculum Studies with a Literacy and Middle Level Emphasis, 2006, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, Honolulu, Hawai‘i
- Middle Level Teacher Credential Program-2003, California State University San Marcos
- Bachelor of Arts, Major: Liberal Studies, Emphasis on Human Development, Minor: Spanish, California State University San Marcos, December 2001
- California Clear Credential-Multiple Subject K-8 with supplementary authorizations in English language arts and social studies
- Hawai‘i State Teaching License; K-8 General and 5-9 English language arts
- Certificate in Disability Studies, Teaching all Children Together, Jan 2004- Aug 2005. Center for Disability Studies, University of Hawaii at Mānoa